Directions: Directions: To view the Notebook file choose: VIEW> Entire Page depending on your monitor’s resolution. It is recommended NOT to save the file once you have downloaded. This way the games do not have to be re-set.
- I’m A Little Tea Pot Large Poster (20”x22”)
- Sentence Strips (Sequence the sentences in the nursery rhyme.)
- (20) Sort Rhyming Cards with Pictures (Words that rhyme with hot.)
- Acting Out Cards (Print enough copies to give one card to each student. When they hear their part in the story they hold up their card.)
- Parking Lot Rhymes (Students match the rhyming word on the vehicle to a parking spot.)
- Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down (Students use the rhyming mats and printable cards. They look at the two pictures and decide if they rhyme. If they do they place the rhyming cards on the thumbs up. If they do not rhyme they place the cards on the thumbs down mat.)
- Journal Page (Black and white journal page where student practice concepts about print. Students also illustrate the poem.)
- I’m A Little Teapot Nursery Rhyme
- I’m A Little Teapot Nursery Rhyme (Fill in the Missing Rhyme)
- Story Order (Put the sentences in sequential order.)
- Story Elements
- Sound Detector (Click on the letter and listen to the sound. Then look at the pictures and say each one. Find the beginning sound that does not belong and put an X on it.)
- Mystery Word (Teachers says each sound of the word and the students blend the sounds and say the mystery word.)
- Deleting Sounds (Teachers reads each sentence and the students delete the sounds.)
- How Many Sounds (Students listen to each word and moves a token into a box for each sound they hear.)
- How Many Words (Students will listen to each sentence and hop for each word of the sentence. The teacher then will reveal the sentence and the students will count the words to see if they were correct.)
- Letter Search (Students will find and highlight the upper/lowercase letter Tt.)
- Sound Sort (Students will sort pictures that begin with the /t/ sound like in ten.) To re-set the self- checking game: Click on ACTIVITY BUILDER>RESET ALL. This resets the game pieces to their original location.
- Sound Sort (Students will sort pictures that end with the /t/ sound like in pot.) To re-set the self- checking game: Click on ACTIVITY BUILDER>RESET ALL. This resets the game pieces to their original location.
- Beginning, Middle, or End (Students will decide if the /t/ sound is at the beginning or the end of the word. The students will drag the picture to the green B box for beginning and the red E box for the ending sound.) Click on ACTIVITY BUILDER>RESET ALL. This resets the game pieces to their original location.
- Phoneme Substitution (Student will say the word and replace the beginning letter sound with a new letter sound to make a new word. Drag the picture to the square making the new word.)
- Build a Word
- Find & Graph
- Seek a Word
- Word Search (All words are one per line and go across.)
- Rhyming World (Board game for 2-4 players. Students spin the spinner and count the corresponding number of squares. They have to provide a matching rhyming word for the picture they landed on. If they cannot they must go back to their original spot. First person to the end wins.)
- Sort the Rhyme (Students say each picture and decide if it rhymes with pot or not.) To re-set the self- checking game: Click on ACTIVITY BUILDER>RESET ALL. This resets the game pieces to their original location.
- Missing Letter (Students write the missing letter in the word.)
- Checks & X’s (Students check each picture that rhymes with pot and an X on words that do not.)
- Odd One Out (Put an X on the picture that does not rhyme.)
- Parking Lot Rhymes (Divide students into two teams. Players take turns parking the vehicle on a matching rhyme. If the player matches correctly the team gets one point, if not it is the second team’s turn. Continue playing until all of the vehicles have been parked.)
- Balloon Pop (Students Identify the word and pop the balloon to see if they are correct.
- Spin & Disappear (Dived the students into two teams. Students spin the spinner and identify the beginning letter sound. Then the students look for the matching beginning letter sound and click on it to make it disappear. If the student gets it right their team gets a point. If they do not it is the other team’s turn.)
- Race to the Top (Take turns identifying the ending letter sounds. If you get it right move it to your column. First person to the top wins. 2-5 players)
- French Fry Rhyming (Teams take turns drawing a rhyming card. If they give a matching rhyme their team gets a fry. If not, the other team gets a try. The team with the most fries win.)
- Swat the Word (Use a fly swat or your hand to reveal the word. Say the word and earn a point.)
- How many letters? (Students use the flashcards and count how many letters are in each word. Then they drag them to the correct column.)
- How many syllables? (Students use the flashcards and count how many syllables are in each word. Then they drag them to the correct number.)
Language and Literacy
CLL6.4a Listens and differentiates between sounds that are the same and different.
CLL6.4b Identifies and produces rhyming words.
CLL6.4c Isolates the initial (beginning) sounds in words with adult guidance.
CLL6.4d Segments sentences into individual words.
CLL6.4e Segments words into syllables.
CLL6.4f Manipulates and blends sounds (phonemes) with adult guidance.
CLL7.4a With prompting and support, recognizes and names some upper/lowercase letters of the alphabet.
If you have any suggestions and/or comments to make this learning packet better, please feel free to email me at: email@example.com
If you find a mistake or typo in the packet, please email me at:firstname.lastname@example.org so I can fix the error and send you a revised packet.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you may use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I welcome your feedback as it helps me decide which products are most important for your classroom!
Be the first to know when I upload more products: Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. Thanks!