Over 50 pages of interactive hands-on practice. The All About the Letter Hh Independent Practice Packet is the perfect accompaniment to the All About the Letter Hh SMARTBoard Activity. I have used a variety of the activities in both whole and small group instruction.
FREEBIE! The following activities are FREE to download. If you like what you see please purchase the entire All About the Letter H Independent Practice Packet from TeachersPayTeachers.com for $2.00 using the above link.
• Where is the Letter H?
• Hh is for Horse (Letter Maze)
• Letter Hh Worksheet
• Which One Does Not Belong?
DOWNLOAD FREEBIE>> All About the Letter H Independent Practice FREEBIE
All About the Letter Hh Independent Practice contains the following:
- Where is the Letter Hh? Find the upper and lowercase letter Hh out of a random group of letters. Then count how many uppercase and lowercase Hh’s and write the number at the bottom of the paper.
- Where is the Letter Hh? Find the upper and lowercase letter Hh in the nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty. Then count how many uppercase and lowercase Hh’s and write the number at the bottom of the paper. Finally, practice writing the letter H.
- H is for Horse: Help Henry Horse find the hay. Follow the upper and lowercase H’s to the hay.
- Find, Graph, & Tally: Count the number of objects and color in the matching number of squares.
- Write. Circle. Find. Practice writing the letter H. Find the picture that does not belong. Find the letter H out of a group of letters.
- Write the Missing Letter: Look at the picture and write the missing letter either at the beginning of the word.
- ABC Order (Uppercase): Write the missing uppercase letter that comes next.
- ABC Order (Lowercase): Write the missing uppercase letter that comes next.
- How Many Letters: Count the number of letters for each word and write it on the line next to the word.
- Big H, little h What Begins With H? Draw a picture that begins with the letter Hh. Practice writing the letter Hh.
- Letter Hh Vocabulary Cards: house, hen, hat, hay, horse, ham, heart, hair, horn, hammer, hotdog, honey, happy, hamburger, hexagon, helicopter, hot air balloon, and hippopotamus.
- Mini Letter H Word Wall Cards: house, hen, hat, hay, horse, ham, heart, hair, horn, hammer, hotdog, honey, happy, hamburger, hexagon, helicopter, hot air balloon, hippopotamus, hand, his, him, has, have, and her.
- Write the Room
- Letter Hh Word Search: Use the word bank and find (10) words beginning with th letter Hh. All words are printed across.
- Which One Does Not Belong? Put a H on the pictures that do not begin with the Letter H. Put an X on the letter that does not belong.
- Which One Comes Next? Write the letter that comes next in the pattern. Use the pictures at the bottom of the page to finish the pattern.
- Sort Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Hh: Use hay printed with the letters Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii, and Jj. Sort the upper and lowercase letter Hh to the matching horses..
- Letter Hh Sorting Mat: Use the pictures and sort by beginning letter H sound like in gate onto the mat.
- Letter Hh Word Puzzles: Put together (3), (4) and (5) piece puzzles of words beginning with the letter H. Also, puzzles mats with 1-3, 1-4, and 1-5 printed on them. Use for struggling students or for self checking. Write the number on the back of the letter H word puzzles and students can match 1:1 using the puzzle mats.
- How Many Syllables?: Clap and clip the number of syllables on each card.
- READ! WRITE! MAKE! Mats There are over 14 pages of interactive activities to promote and reinforce letter and critical thinking skills. Read! Write! Make! Activity Mats are perfect for small group and individual practice.
Directions: Print Letter H Vocabulary Cards, Mini Word Wall, Sort Uppercase and Lowercase Letter H, Letter Hh Sorting Mat, Letter Hh Word Puzzles, and READ! WRITE! BUILD! Mats on cardstock and laminate for durability.
If you have any suggestions and/or comments to make this learning packet better, please feel free to email me at: email@example.com.
If you find a mistake or typo in the packet, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org so I can fix the error and send you a revised packet.
Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards:
Approaches to Play
APL2.4a Demonstrates eagerness to learn about and discuss new topics, ideas and tasks.
APL1.4a Takes initiative to learn new concepts and try new experiences. Initiates and completes new tasks by himself/herself.
Language and Literacy
CLL1.4a Listens and responds on topic to conversations and group discussions for an extended period.
CLL1.4b Listens to and follows multi-step directions.
CLL1.4c Extends/expands thoughts or ideas expressed.
CLL6.4c Isolates the initial (beginning) sounds in words with adult guidance.
CLL7.4a With prompting and support, recognizes and names some upper/lowercase letters of the alphabet.
CD-MA4.4b Sorts and classifies objects using one or more attributes or relationships.
CD-MA4.4c Creates and extends simple, repeating patterns.
CD-MA2.4b Counts at least 10 objects using one-to-one correspondence.
CD-CP3.4b Uses both familiar and new strategies to solve a problem.
CD-CP3.4c With adult guidance and questioning determines and evaluates solutions prior to attempting to solve a problem.
www.KevinandAmanda.com (Free Fonts)
www. teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Commercial-Font-License-SINGLE-FONT-348256 (Fonts)
www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ashley-Hughes-38 (Graphic Images)
www.MyCuteGraphics.com (Graphic Images)